“The secret to success is constancy to purpose.”
- Benjamin Franklin
The premise of “connecting”: “Sharing my knowledge and resources, time and energy, friends ans associates, and empathy and compassion in a continual effort to provide value to others, while coincidentally increasing my own.”
– Excerpted from “Never Eat Alone,” Keith Ferrazzi
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.”
– Rabindranath Tagore
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
– Anne Frank
The quotes above, and many others like them, symbolize what inspires me every morning as I spring out of bed.
They embody the lessons I’ve been taught by those who have contributed to my life – from my parents to my professors to my siblings to my friends to my peers…. many of them inspiring compassion, respect for others, a spirit of giving and love of life. Through this blog, I hope to connect with you and contribute to your life, just as you, by reading and commenting, will contribute to mine.
That said, the purpose of this blog is. . .
- To help others.
- To inspire others.
- To share my knowledge on fitness and health.
- To share my unique perspective on fitness, health, self-empowerment (and maybe the occasional off-the-wall topic that crosses my mind).
- To provide you with the principles essential to achieving fitness and, more importantly, achieving fitness THROUGH health.
- To create discussion about the fact that, despite all that’s been researched and written on the technical aspects of health, fitness and nutrition, we’re failing miserably as a society to get healthy and fit.
- To use said discussion to unearth the truth. . . and, hopefully, create solutions.
Whether you agree or disagree with my viewpoints; whether you’re here for education or entertainment, my purpose here is to get to the truth, in the simplest manner possible, and have a conversation about it — with you, the avid fitness enthusiast, or you, the MD, therapist, coach or ayuverdic practioner — so that we can all learn while unearthing the simple truths together.
Thanks for reading.