That’s it. That’s the secret to finding and staying on (or returning back to) a fulfilling life journey.
Know Your Purpose.
You hear this often — and even acknowledge its importance — but do you take the time reflect on it, think about it and take action?
Do you come to feel and know your purpose? Do you write it down, read it, edit it as it evolves, read it more, bathe yourself in it . . . and live it?
Until recently, I didn’t.
Well . . . I knew my purpose, and I tried to live it daily; but I’d never written it down. I’d never taken the time to reflect fully on my purpose and capture its many aspects so that I could remind myself of “the particulars” on the days I forgot.
When I finally wrote my purpose, this is what I came up with:
My Ultimate Purpose is . . .
- To live a life that exemplifies awareness; truth; integrity; compassion; health & fitness; professionalism; hard work; immense skill & knowledge; family; and community.
- To have the courage to live to the best of my ability, in alignment with my truth as I evolve in my understanding of what “truth” is.
- To heal others and to teach & empower others to heal themselves and create their optimal lives — To have a significant, positive impact on every person I encounter.
- To be a great example of a loving, caring, teaching, empowering, present husband/father to my wife and children.
- To be remembered as somebody who strived for excellence daily, leaving behind a shining example that guides and inspires others after I’ve moved on to the next life.
And the simple act of writing it represented another significant moment in my life.
It reminds me daily of who I am.
It reminds me of what I was put here to do.
It calls me daily to strive for excellence — and motivates me to do so.
It gives me direction when choices have to be made.
It keeps me open to every opportunity that is presented to me.
It gives me hope, if I ever wonder, “What am I doing this for?”
It gives me guidance, if I ask, “Why am I doing this?” or “Is doing this taking me where I want/need to go?”
It serves as my compass . . . my guiding light . . . if I ever feel lost.
Surely, if knowing and writing my purpose can do all of the above for me, it can do the same for you. (And it doesn’t matter if you’re 8, 18 . . . 28 or 58!)
So, what are you waiting for? Right now . . .
- Take a few moments and a small investment of your energy and think about your purpose. (You know, “Slow things down to speed things up!” )
- Write it down!
- Start reading it . . . filling your senses with it . . . LIVING IT!!
Do it. You won’t regret it. You might even appreciate it for the rest – of – your – life!
Know your purpose!!